Host an SAReads Book Drive
The SAReads Book Bank provides books for children and their families throughout Bexar County, many of which are receiving books for the first time. You can help by organizing an independent book drive through your school, workplace or organization. Contact us to get started.
When planning your book drive, please review our SAReads Book Drive Checklist and keep the below guidelines in mind:
What We Accept
- New or gently used books
- Books for children in pre-school through high school. Download a guide to appropriate books for each age range.
- Bilingual (Spanish) books
What We Do Not Accept
- Books in poor condition. This includes books with torn bindings, missing or torn pages, water damage, missing covers, etc.
- Workbooks, activity books and coloring books
- Encyclopedias & dictionaries