SAReads Program Coordinator (new)
Do you have a passion for books and want to invest in your community? SAReads wants to provide you with an opportunity for learning and growth.
The SAReads Program Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and team, and will be responsible for coordinating SAReads Book Bank operations.
The coordinator will oversee the book request and distribution process for the book bank to provide books to teachers, students and nonprofit organizations. The coordinator will also recruit and supervise community volunteers who process book donations, as well as track organizations that donate and request books. The coordinator will recruit and train volunteers for the holiday book drive, including directing and supervising volunteers during the book drive. The coordinator will also oversee the annual SAReads Summer Book Drive. In addition to coordinating the book bank, the coordinator will assist the SAReads Preservice Teacher Coordinator with tutoring operations. The coordinator will also assist in various events throughout the year. This position requires a combination of strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Education, Marketing, Non-Profit Management or related field or appropriate experience. At least 2 years of program administration and teamwork.
Ideal candidates will bring to the position a variety of attributes, knowledge and skills, including:
- Able to change and adapt to the needs of a rapidly changing and growing organization.
- Relationship-builder who can comfortably connect with organization and community partners, donors, and the board of directors.
- Knowledge of literacy issues and needs in San Antonio a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Manage time appropriately and effectively prioritize duties and activities.
- Collaborative team player.
- Ability to work independently.
- Multitask with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new software systems.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift books and boxed books.
This is a full- time, exempt position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by sending your resume to Becki Olivares at firstname.lastname@example.org.