SAReads Program Assistant (posted 1/15/2018)
First Review of Applications: Friday, January 19, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interviews: Starting the week of January, 22, 2018.
Start Date: As early as the week of February 5, 2018.
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Hours: M-F, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Salary Range: $30,000 - $35,000 depending on experience. Benefits offered.
The SAReads Program Assistant will work closely with SAReads Program Coordinators and the Executive Director to assist with SAReads Book Bank and tutoring operations. SAReads is a fast-paced, dynamic program designed to meet the educational needs of our community.
As a program assistant, you will facilitate book requests and distribution for the book bank, providing books to teachers, students and nonprofit organizations. You will recruit and coordinate community volunteers to process book donations and support community book drives. You will track organizations that donate and request books and support the SAReads tutoring operations by supplying curriculum, books and other items as needed. You will assist in various community and school events throughout the year.
The program assistant position requires strong analytical and interpersonal skills, as well as a lot of flexibility.
- Assist SAReads staff with implementation of SAReads programs, including book bank, tutoring and the development of a literacy academy for teachers.
- Assist school librarians and teachers in supporting preservice teachers and students who benefit from SAReads programs.
- Assist community members and teachers who benefit from participating in SAReads programs.
- Create, support and/or co-lead events or programs recognizing and appreciating growth and/or achievement in literacy.
- Review and analyze data with guidance from SAReads analyst and staff
- Promote a positive learning environment.
- Travel to schools, university and other community settings to deliver curriculum / books, conduct tutor observations and attend partner meetings.
- Provide program-related communication to clients, partners and the program team.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as requested.
- Complete additional job duties as assigned.